Skip to main content
Platform assessment and investigations
- Technical tests on algorithmic systems to better understand their functioning.
- Analysis of transparency reports, risk assessments and independent audits.
- Support to investigations, such as inspections.
- Definition of relevant procedures for ensuring data access to regulators and researchers.
Scientific research and foresight
- Identify and measure systemic risks associated to VLOPs and VLOSEs.
- Evaluate risk mitigation measures.
- Propose practical methodologies towards transparent and accountable algorithmic approaches.
- Study the long-term societal impact of algorithms.
- Identify emerging risks associated with the use of VLOPs and VLOSEs.
Networking and community building
- At international level, centralise knowledge across the globe, sharing the main scientific findings and best practices for data-driven studies in this area.
- Act as a knowledge hub for research conducted thanks to access to data provided by the DSA.